Adho Mukha Svanasana - Downward Facing Dog
Pincha Mayurasana - Forearm Balance
Salamba Sarvangasana - Shoulder Stand
Sirsasana - Headstand
Mukta Hasta Sirsasana A - Tripod Headstand
Viparita Karani - Legs Elevated Pose
Taking the leap towards getting upside-down can be a very rewarding and joyous journey! Inverting the body is very good for stress, as placing the body upside-down soothes the sympathetic nervous system. Inversions are amazing for releasing stress, regulating hormone production, irradiating anxiety and liberating you from the dark clouds of depression.
These workshops will break down the fundamental components of basic inversions, encourage you conquer fears of falling, as well as help you develop strength and flexibility.
Staying comfortable while being inverted entails a lot of small steps before even getting to the full expression of the posture. These workshops are designed to help you integrate new techniques and exercises to your yoga practice. Upside-down postures may seem very intimating at first, however if approached with care and a sense of curiosity they can bring tremendous amounts of transformation and relaxation.
The journey of Inverting the body comes with powerful medicine to overcome fear, weakness, anxiety and depression. After attaining a full set of tools together with the consistency of a regular practice you would gain flexibility and strength and slowly get more confident being inverted.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT:
- Proper alignment and foundation.
- Understanding fears of getting inverted while learning how to strengthen the body to find bravery.
- Practice exercises on how to fall safely and with awareness.
- How to utilize your core, arms, shoulders and upper back to establish stability and body awareness.
- Explore Yin postures to counter strength building, as well as to release tension and learn to relax being upside down.
- Learn techniques on how to focus the mind and use breath as a tool to approach inversions.
- Series of exercises that develop strength in all the right places so that you gain power to maintain inverted shapes.
Explore Being Inverted, A Journey is appropriate for everyone! All the asanas that will be covered have steps and preparation exercises. If you are new to being inverted focus your practice on the support of blocks and strength training. If you are already have an inversion practice then you’ll gain new techniques to find more ease and flexibility.
WHERE : Hot Yoga Malmö
WHEN : Saturday, May 4th, 13.30 - 16.00 ; Saturday, May 11th, 13.30 - 16.00
One Workshop 325sk
Both Workshops 600sk